Development grant / writing grant (max. €1.500)
Writers/ directors / (creative) producers can apply for a grant to develop feature films, documentaries and animation films. For a development grant application it is important to introduce yourself as a creative. You may not have a concrete film plan yet, but it is important to share what you are planning to work on in this period.
Project grant (max. €5.000)
It is also possible to submit an application for the realization or production of a short film, documentary or animation film. You can apply for a project grant with a maximum of €5.000.
Please note: Amarte’s budget is not sufficient to cover a substantial amount for the production of feature-length.
Amarte mainly supports the above mentioned film categories. But we are happy to be surprised! In case you have another idea that would fit the film category, you are welcome to submit an application.
Here you will find a number of Amarte’s guidelines in reviewing applications:
- The applicant is a professional in the field of film, theatre, music, visual arts, or literature, or a combination of these disciplines.
- The project and/or developmental period has a beginning and an end.
- Amarte likes to be reached out to early on in the creative process – applications for projects in a later creative stage therefore have a smaller chance of being granted.
- Amarte aims to support the creative development of artists. Cultural organizations can therefore solely submit an application in collaboration with and on the initiative of an individual creative/artist.
- Amarte particularly intends to be there for creatives who fall through the cracks at regular cultural foundations. Applications for large-scale projects for which the applicant relies on other foundations to cover a large part of the total budget therefore have less priority at Amarte.
- Amarte prefers applications for smaller-scale projects with a maximum total budget of €50.000.
- Amarte does not provide grants to solely cover study fees, scholarships, or organizational costs.
- Amarte does not support any projects related to studies and/or scholarships. Amarte solely covers classes or courses if these are a part of the project or the developmental grant for which is applied.
- Applications with educational purposes only will not be granted.
- Amarte does not grant applications that are solely aimed at covering material costs, unless these are a part of the project expenses.
- Amarte does not provide grants for organizational costs.
- Amarte does not provide grants for music video’s or dance projects, unless they are part of a multidiciplinary project.
Your application will be reviewed by the advisory committee Film. The most important factors they pay attention to are:
- ‘Creative urge’: Why do you think and feel this project should be created?
- Talent development: why is it important to you as an artist to develop this project?
- Artistic quality
- Financial and practical feasibility
Your application will be reviewed by the advisory committee Film. In case your application does not fully fit the film category, for example because it is a cross-disciplinary project, we make sure that your application is also read by the other relevant advisory committees.